Hdr of Lights?

Is there a way to create an Hdr from the Lights in a scene?

I think you are asking if you can make an HDRI environment map of your scene to add to your World material. Is that correct?

If so, it should be as easy as choosing Cycles as your renderer, changing your camera to equirectangular (see the manual here: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/cycles/object_settings/cameras.html#equirectangular), setting your camera at the position you want your HDRI to be centered at, and rendering to a high bit depth format like .EXR.

But, maybe if you tell us a bit more about why you want to make an HDRI of your lights, we can help you figure out the best way to achieve what you need!

1 Like

I want to make a Hdr of only the lights so I can use it to light in a Substance Painter scene.

Sorry for the late reply! I see what you are asking now, and the short answer is no. Lights in Blender are technically invisible objects - we can only see the light they contribute to the scene.

The longer answer: you could create a scene that is only lit by mesh lights - mesh objects that have emission shaders. Those are visible by default to the renderer. You’d then set your camera to equirectangular, render, and save to a high bit depth format like EXR.

Hope this is not too little too late!

Until we have a visible lights patch, I’m making doubles; one mesh for camera only and one analytical to do the actual scene interaction.