HDR_ProStudio for Blender 2.8 - FREE plugin + source code

Wow this addon is awesome. Works great

I bought this little addon a while ago and used it a lot. I’m not able to get this to work with V2.80 on my Mac. The plugin appears in the menu and launches, but I don’t have any of the tools to Create Studio or Add Light. etc. I added the folder to Blender Addons. Did I miss something? I used the updated patched version by CansecoGPC. TIA.

Anyone logged in can use Differential, and propose changes. Then add-on maintainer needs to accept it.

2 Likes

Hey sorry for the late reply… but it has it own layout page. You then click on new and make sure you choose 32bit float for the image, after which click on generate and then you should be able to add lights.

Great plugin, especially if you’re coming from Keyshot! Too bad about the patents. Just one problem: If I click “edit this image” button with a different image assigned to the world I get an error. Oh also seems that the visibility eye icon is closed when it should be open.

I can’t reproduce the edit this image button problem you have.

I guess you are using my fork not the original?
What Blender version?

I reversed the visibility eye icon so now it makes sense.

2 Likes

Forgot to do the same for Solo and Locked state icons, fixed now.

2 Likes

Hi there! I was told today about this plugin in the Blender discord channel :slight_smile:

Was looking for something akin to Marmoset Toolbag’s feature that allows you to place lights based on existing HDRI images. From the videos I’m seeing this addon focuses on creating your HDRIs from scratch, which isn’t what I wanted. Can lights be placed on top of existing HDRIs in an interactive, real-time way with this addon? Adding a GIF to show what I mean:
lightPreviewing

EDIT: huh…for some reason GIF here comes out either super small or ultra blurry…The correct GIF can be seen in this link.

I am trying to use HDR images as textures for the lights, and they don’t seem to be HDR anymore when placed on the environment texture created with the add-on (which is 32 bits).
Is it a known limitation?

Thanks all ! This plugin is great ! :sunglasses:

@ Justo You don’t have to start on new image. You can just load your HDRI image.

hdri_mini_ok

3 Likes

SniperKing, I did not know it could do that. One more reason to love this addon

I havent been able to make it work, nor Windows 8, Os X El Capitan or Debian 9.

Plugins seems to install with no problem, but menus are all empty. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m using Blender 2.81 on High Sierra and having similar issues.

What Blender version?
What addon version, original or the fixed fork i did?
Did you install via zip or manually extracted the folder?
Did you follow the tutorial on the video of the first post?

1 Like

Its a preferences problem. I get this error too.
When I reset blender to factory settings it works.

Here’s the error when not reverting to factory settings:

1 Like

Please can you write short documentation to install and use it?

anyone know where to get a working version of this?

Only for v2.82a

to use hdri as light:
does the light cast a shadow in the eevee viewport?

thanks