HDRI Rings - With settings in PDF doc !!

Well, nothing special, just some rings and HDRI lighting. This is a very simple scene, just one single sun light to increase the luminosity, but it probably could have been avoid. All the scene is illuminated with the HDRI image which produces a very natural light. Rendered with Yafray.

C&C are welcome

PDF Document with settings :
http://users.skynet.be/myline/download/HDRI_Rings.pdf

http://users.skynet.be/myline/3D/45.jpg

Hey pretty well done,
but I am confused about your table wood material, are those reflections on the right side ? / are those paint marks / caustics
because whatever it is, is making it less natural

the lighting is neat job :slight_smile:
what probe did you use ? (kitchen)

It is the table where I use to paint, they are paint marks.
It is the building probe.

Greetings:
Really nice, i specially like the wooden texture

That’s amazing. Absolutely photoreal IMHO.

This is one of the most realistic-looking scenes I have seen in a long time.

Very nice work - very glad not to see the usual three rings :wink:

I think it would be nice if you could give some technical detail - time taken to develop/render, equipment, method used to capture/layer textures, etc. De-mystify a few things for noobs.

Hey, nice picture.
Could you post your wood texture?

I like the light - always have problems with HDRI based light, cause all renders I get are blotchy and dark, so usualy try to avoid this technique…

Would You mind if I ask You to share some tips, or maybe screenshots. Have You done this HDRI map yourself?

Very realistic. One crit: the shadow under the ring is too dark.

This is quite nice. Could you post some screen shots of the material and light settings you used? I would like to try to make something like this myself.

Looks really good! The caustics seem a bit week. I think you use a photon lamp for that, I would experiment with that some, you might get an even more realistic result.

Very good but there seem to be some caustics missing. I can’t see any light reflected from the rings’ surfaces onto the table.

So close to being photorealistic. 8)

Sonix.

The scene is illuminated with the HDRI image and a sun light is there just to avoid a dark result (no shadow, no spec). So there is no direct light and no light source in the HDRI image. I may be wrong but I think that the ambient light should produce such a result with light caustic and soft spec.

I will try to prepare some screen shots this WE to illustrate the settings I used.

I will try to prepare some screen shots this WE to illustrate the settings I used.[/quote]

Something to look forward to. Great work!

The post has been modified, it includes a link to a PDF document with the settings used to render the scene. See the first page of this thread …

Thanks for taking the time to put together the PDF document. It will be a big help to those of us looking to get into Yafray.

Thanks man. Taking a look now.

The scene is illuminated with the HDRI image and a sun light is there just to avoid a dark result (no shadow, no spec). So there is no direct light and no light source in the HDRI image. I may be wrong but I think that the ambient light should produce such a result with light caustic and soft spec.[/quote]

Yes, although I think you need photon lamps for the caustics to show in Yafray. I don’t use Yafray, so forgive me if I’m wrong.

Sonix.