Head Modeling DVD Teaser

Hey everyone,

As some of you may remember from my thread a while a back, I’ve been working on some training dvds for Blender. Well guess what? The first one is almost done!

This first one covers the modeling aspects of female head, hitting on all the main points about references, edgeloops, having a clean mesh, etc, etc.
As of now we’re probably looking at about four hours of footage. The dvd will also contain all of the references used and progressive .blend files. Meaning that if you only want to model the mouth for instance, but you don’t want to worry about the eyes and nose, no problem, just jump ahead to that .blend file and have at it!

I’m currently planning on selling the dvd for $25 US, although that could change slightly depending on my final evaluation.

Anyways, I’ve put together a small montage of clips from the first three sections of the dvd (eyes, nose, mouth) just to give everyone a brief idea of what will presented on the disk :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

http://www.montagestudio.org/teaser.htm
http://montagestudio.org/teaser.jpg

Been waiting for this for 6 months now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, your work is awesome! I can’t believe you’re only 17!

I’m looking forward to the dvd! (But you might want to edit out the sneezes from the final video, lol)

Wow, good luck on that!! Can’t wait!

Will you eventually cover other parts of Blender, like the video sequencer, compositing with nodes, nodes in general, that sort of stuff?

Looking forward to this.
Regards
Caleb

hope ill be able to get that DVD here in estonia! :smiley:

very very nice :slight_smile: even tho I saw a head modelling presentation LIVE from you 2 times…and also from your video you made a couple months ago…I’M always impressed by your stuff. Tell me once the dvd is ready :wink:

Time flies doesn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks man.
And yeah, about the coughs, I was having some throat problems that day :frowning:

I will be covering some other aspects of blender, although probably not much with the rendering side of things. I’m planning on sticking mostly to the modeling aspect and just go over a lot of different techniques and subject matters (trees, clothing, low poly).

Good to hear :slight_smile:

As I’ll be shipping them out myself I’m willing to ship anywhere just so long as the shipping costs are covered :slight_smile:

Haha chances are you’ll be one of the first to know as I’m going to recruit you to review them :wink:

This looks very nice! It’s great to see all these new resources for Blender education popping up all over the place. I hope these DVDs turn out to be a great success!

• Clean3d

Looks great bud.

The coughing is really distracting though. Is that going to be on the actual DVD?

BgDM

Thanks.

The coughing is only in one small section really, it just happens that section was the majority of the teaser. I’ll certainly see about editing it out.

I’m not going to buy it without the eyebrows, eyelashes and hair. Sorry.:wink: Hair, eyelashes, eyebrows could be anything as long as it looks like hair. It doesn’t have to be Blender’s particle hair. It could be textures. I don’t know. I’m too lazy to think.:o