Head-Modeling my sister. :)

Ok, so I know I have been bothering you guys with this one particular mode the last couple of days… :stuck_out_tongue: But heres how far I’ve gotten:

I haven’t gotten so far with it,and I’m not happy with it. I think it looks ugly. I’m trying to model my sister after images, but can’t seem to get the mouth right. This is without Subdivision Surface.
And with Sub Surface it looks even uglier. It looks sort of snobby and stuck-up :stuck_out_tongue:

I want it to look more realistic. Anyone have any tips on how to do it better? On the whole model, not just the mouth? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

It looks like you are sculpting with a mirror modifier which is not a good idea. Also I think you have the subsurf modifier above the mirror, and that is also not good. The short answer to how to improve.:

1. Delete subsurf and/or multires get it so so there is only a mirror modifier (with clipping enabled) and the center line verts locked.
  2. Model the mirrored basemesh to match the big proportions/ and features of the face using your perfectly matched front and side reference images.
  3. Apply the mirror modifier
  4. Add a multiresolution modifer and click subdivide, start sculpting with mirror symmetry in the sculpt options, start matching medium details. Subdivide the multires again, more detail…By level 5 or so you have enough geometry to sculpt pores, lip wrinkles.

Okey, thank you so much for your answer! I will try that out :slight_smile:

Looks like you have some extra faces or edges on the inside that are causing those puckers or peaks at various spots on the head. To find and fix them, go into vertex select mode, select the vertex at the pinch or peak, then press Control Plus. This will select everything that vertex is attached to. Go into wire frame display mode, and you should see some edges inside the mesh that shouldn’t be there. Delete them.