Header Bar Change?

(troy_s) #1

It seems the header bar is now slightly busted and prevents accessing the profile picture in many instances, which provides the menu for private messages etc.

Has there been a recent change?

It tries to autoscale, and infrequently it manages to bring the critical menu into view, however in most instances it fails.

Scrolling past it or zooming out automatically updates the header to the clipped version, making the navigation menu impossible to access.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #2

Hmm, which browser/device is that? I added social media links, but those are not supposed to show on mobile devices.

(troy_s) #3

iOS.

It seems the header bar is supposed to flip to a condensed mode with the non word marked logo, which it does from time to time as you scroll down. However, at start, the fully wordmarked logo pushes the menu off the screen, making the menu access impossible.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #4

Which iOS device? Also, have you fully reloaded the page recently? Just making sure you have all the latest CSS.

If you could add clear steps to reproduce that would be :+1:

(troy_s) #5

It is just default, and refreshed dozens of times and cleared. 2018 iPhone.

It seems that the “logic” Discourse has is broken. For example, on some pages, you can scroll all the way to the bottom and the condensed header never appears, hence menu navigation never appears.

Browsing thread subjects: never condensed
Reading a thread: frequently condensed

(Bart Veldhuizen) #6

I can’t reproduce it here in safari/iOS 12 though…

(troy_s) #7

If you scroll up, the header should collapse in reading view. In thread list, it never collapses.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #8

That’s expected, in topic view it collapses to show the topic title. In thread view it doesn’t do that.

But this topic was about display issues; can you share exact steps to reproduce your problem please?

(troy_s) #9
  1. Load page. No menu icon due to expanded wordmark logo.
  2. Scroll down. No menu icon due to expanded wordmark logo.
  3. Reach end. Give up.
  4. Click forum post. No menu icon due to expanded wordmark.
  5. Scroll down. 50:50 chance you see menu icon and can select it.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #10

Which page? Homepage?

I just realised the following: There WAS a recent change in Discourse where they’ll replace the top bar with the topic title when you scroll down. Scroll up again to see your avatar picture and ‘hamburger’ menu. Perhaps that’s what you’re experiencing?

(troy_s) #11

If I type in blenderartists.org, this is what I see, and persists as per the above outline:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #12

I’m sorry but I still can’t reproduce. Which device, iOS version and browser to you use?

(troy_s) #13

Safari on Xr and Xs Max.

(troy_s) #14

Any chance to change the default logo / wordmark on mobile to the smaller one? This is painful.