heeelp with lights! oh god!

(blengine) #1

:x :x
hey, first time ive used lights to light a room in the game engine… pretty much first time ive used lights at all in realtime… i searched for this problem but didnt see iot on the first page, and rather go to the second page(lazy), i click post new topic =D

i selected every obejct and made sure every face on everything had LIGHT turned on, copy draw mode n all… then i add a light, and NOTHING is affected except my main character… ive tried changing some values, clicking buttons left n right, delete tex faces… blah

booo, its a basement scene and i wanna light the whole thing with like 2 lights… is the game engine limited to the amount of faces that can be lit realtime?
if not, how the heck do i get everyhting to light up by realtime lamps? what could i be doing wrong…

thanks

(Haunted-House) #2

Did you make sure the lights are in the SAME layer as the basement? :wink:

(blengine) #3

wow, i didnt even think of that! thanks alot, problem solved!

(Blender_owl) #4

hehe, another prob might be that your faces arent 2 sided, that usually solves it for me.

(digitalSlav) #5

if you are double siding the faces you shouldn’t. leave them single sided to save the engine. try recalcing the normals to bring them to the right side ctrl+n.