Helix Generator

BlenderMarket Summer Sale ends today now (Helix Generator).

Helix Generator is now working for Blender 2.90. (Official Verified)

Updates.

Version 1.0.7:

• Only solidify bezier curves if the check box is checked

Hey thanks for the quick update to 2.90! One note, when I just downloaded and installed it it still says Version 1.06.
Thanks again!
Daf

Hey, it’s now version 1.0.7, and the 2.90 is the blender version. Which site did you download, BlenderMarket or Gumroad?

BTW, sorry. I did not update the version number, it should be 1.0.7, i will made another update which also update the version number.

(Updated): I just uploaded another version which also fixes the version number, it should be 1.0.7 now. Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

Just update to v1.0.8:

• Generate a closed curves if the original curves is closed too

All good now- thanks again!
Daf

This add-on is now for sale for this Black Friday on Blender Market. It’s 25% off, it’s your chance to get it.

This addon is now 25% off for Spring Sale on Blender Market.

Summer Sale, 25% off.

Thank you for your supports.

1 Like

Maybe not so dumb question.

From Bing (search engine), there are these:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Helix+Shape&form=RESTAB&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover

Some of them are “double helix”. The direction reversed.

Seems like it would be simple enough if negative directions could be entered. Example: 90 / -90.

All your examples show degrees in one direction but not the other. Possible?

Also, would it be able to create double helix as shown above or is that up to us?

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your interest.
Yes, Helix Generator can create double helix. For your example: -90 degree is equal to 270, so you just create one helix with 90 degree, another with 270 degree. See this video for more details.

Although you can not enter negative degrees, but negative degrees always have equivalent positive degrees, so for double helix, -90 is equal to 270.

Ah, math.

Thanks