Hellboy Bust

I’m still pretty new to Blender. This is my first attempt at a head. The surfaces and lighting are pretty simple, my main goal was to see if I could model it. I am assuming the topology could be better.

Lemme know what you think.

Thanks,
m

Looks very good. Id perhaps dissolve faces that are very similar to each other, or exactly the same that dont chance the shape of the mesh. It looks like some of the faces can be dissolved into each other without really effecting the model, just a little optimization. Otherwise looks amazing. Good work.

Nice! I like it.

your topology looks quite good, especially as its a first attempt, i would say it is a little bit dense around the middle but the edge loops look good, my main critique is the horn stubs look stuck on, if you can figure a way to join the mesh to the head it would look better

I think this looks great. I’m not sure if that style of character has a name, but I like it. It reminds me a bit of Batman the animated series. I also think I saw a few months back that Disney/Pixar is working on something with a similar style, but in black and white. But don’t quote me on that.

I agree with Small Troll about the horns looking “stuck on.” I also think that the neck looks too elongated. Although my only Hellboy reference is the movie. Maybe this is more like the comic. I wouldn’t know.

use bart crouches tool for circles, and then just se the same thing you did, ecxept make the circle have 8 verts, then add it to you mesh by using the circle thing in bart crouches tools and connect the eight points, would hurt the mesh, and it wouldnt give a stuck on look :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone for all of your input, its exactly what I need. I definitely got lazy and just bolted on the horns but I will try and integrate them into the mesh. I will also look for ways to optimize/simplify the mesh.