Hello everyone from a new member!

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum as well as blender and want to introduce myself before I begin with the questions.

Get the goddamn image out of your sig.

Please.

there u fuking go and thanks for the warm welcome! Is this a rule? Kinda crazy as this is a graphic forum. LOL!

Mout4war: first off, valarking is a bitch :wink: just ignore him

welcome aboard, but yes as he pointed out image in sigs are not allowed in this forum for bandwith and clean look reason.

Don’t worry, there are more cool people than annoying one around here.

The one rule you need to follow to make friend on this forum:

do not act like a 13years old AOLER that keep typing half words or letters or worst, numbers, to write a text or some words. So, go ahead and learn3d, practice it, and show us your stuff!

[edit]also, as a suggestion I’d try giving more precise title to thread like this. FNG might stand for something…but I doubt everyone know it…and if it doesn’t mean a thing…than it’s plain stupid to have such a title :wink: I’d suggest something like “New user joining elysiun!”

yeah, howdy from the moderation team.

have fun and don’t be stupid.

and beware my wrath! muah ha ha ha… :smiley:

As my first act, i changed your title to something descriptive, like it should be.

Welcome welcome.

Another “rule”: please search before posting questions, there is a high chance someone already asked it.

Ctrl+N; subsurf is now a modifier stack; beware of ATI cards, they may cause interface trouble; the warning in the command prompt means you havn’t installed Python fully…

I look forward to seeing your work. :slight_smile:

-Laurifer

But I want to be the bitch :frowning:

oh you can do that without anyone telling you that you are :stuck_out_tongue:

Hissssssssssssssssssssssss Nothing wrong with ATI cards :< :x

Welcome to the forums! Do Not post shiny spheres in the Finished Projects forum, or anything else that is a test, experiment, something random you did that looks like something random but shiny, or not a project, or not finished…you get the point, that’s the only thing I want to stress.

Do it and I’ll beat you over the head with a fish.

Have fun :smiley:

Mystery

Ok. Now that that’s all cleared up. I’m glad to see that everyone’s blood is flowing. LOL! I look forward to learning Blender and adding it to my 3d arsenal.

Shiney spheres? You mean like this one?

Ya, but I’m your bitch.

Indeed, that is not a finished project.

Mystery

So a finished project can’t be only 1 object?

it can but it should have atleast more than 30 minutes put into it :slight_smile:

I guess it would depend on if it requires more than 30 minutes. That 1 took about 10 minutes so it’s prolly crap then.

It sounds like I’m not the first person to do this and it would seem that it would be easier to post a “Read This Before Posting” announcement instead of barking at someone coming to this forum excited about making new friends and learning new things unaware of the forum rules.

Also, I wouldn’t have put the “shiney spere” up as it wasn’t even made with Blender but, I just kinda felt like I had to. :wink:

common sence dictates wether its worth someone spending 1 minute to reply to somthing.

if it took you bugger all time (some exceptions), then it ends up just wasting others time. that is what people dislike.

if it took you months, then people enjoy seeing it, and want to know about it.

really, common sense rules lots of social situations, including the net.

Alltaken

Yeah… Well I guess I got a little pissed off getting cursed out in my 1st thread for having a signature image on a graphics forum. I can understand why they aren’t allowed with so many other images on the site.

I belong to many different forums and have never seen a new member get cursed out for breaking an invisible rule. I’m not some teenage punk and won’t stand for being talked to like that. I’ll leave it at that.

Don’t worry too much about it. It’s indeed quite harsh too get flamed after your first post, but Valarking is not the most sensitive type around here. Add some fustration about some of the newbies who joined lately and the fact that this is the off-topic section and you’ve got an explosive mix.
I hope you’ll feel more welcome when posting (to) other threads.

Bart.

Thanks Crouch :slight_smile:

Yeah, don’t mind Valarking. He just has chronic PMS.

Anywho, welcome! :smiley: