Hello from the Newbie!=)

Hi there! I’ve just started rendering in Blender. I’m not nearly as good as most of you are, but here’s the first piece of mine that actually resembles something. I’m a big fan of the video game Sonic The Hedgehog, so this is a chaos emerald and a ring. Comments are appreciated.=)

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~cl307101/ringandgem.jpg

Very nice. I would suggest offsetting the emerald a hair, however, so the edges of it and the ring don’t run together.

Not a bad start at all. Now… let’s see a hedgehog with those things! :wink:

Heh. It’ll probably be a while before I can do a decent hedgehog…I have some more tutorials to read… :slight_smile:

Its always good to see someone new to Blender and its also very good to see someone’s first work. You never know when you’ll meet a famous artist :wink: My only other suggestion other than what’s been said already would be to make the two objects different colors. Isn’t that first render so satisfying? :slight_smile: Don’t be discouraged if you run into any tough spots and don’t be afraid to ask questions. And please read as much documentation as you can! :smiley:

Thanks for the comments, Desoto. I will definitely be reading lots of documentation.=)