Hello, I'm new to sharing my works, help

Hi, I have been working with Blender for a while, but I’ve never posted anything so I don’t know where to start. I hope this is the right place to ask.

I guess I’m generalist, I have a lot of abstract renders but I also like architecture, some character animation, some creature designs and I really want to do character animation. (I should focus on just one)

I am completely new to posting things online so I have no idea where to post. Where do you all recommend? Reddit? Twitter? ArtStation? Instagram? Polycount? Deviantart? Forums? What are some Blender/3d related places? Blenderartists?

I like doing abstract and geometric renders and shapes (some with animated loops) and I have a bunch of them lying around. Usually multiple variations of the same concept. I admit that it’s a quantity over quality thing, Is this even something people would care about? (Instagram has multiple images in one post, that sounds good)

Should i sign my things?

I also like to mess around with textures and patterns, nothing groundbreaking, but I think they look nice.

Where could I post or even sell them? Abstract wallpapers are a popular thing.

I’m new and any tips would be helpful.

1 Like

Blender Artists is the best place to post your works from within the software. You can get feedback from fellow Blender users on this website on how your things work, and what doesn’t.

Once you’ve finished some of your Blender projects, you can either post them in “Finished Projects” or go with the “Focused Critique” forum to get feedback before you finish your models. I recommend the latter if you’re completely new and need some feedback on your models before doing the finishing touches on them.

Don’t be afraid of posting your artwork; we’d love to help you improve your skills well into the future. Trust me, I know that since I’m also quite new to Blender as I haven’t gotten the experience enough to learn the 3D suite fully with its pipeline. I just started Blender in late November last year.

If you’ve got questions, either me or the community will be more than happy to answer them as best as we can.

Enjoy your stay in the community! And, welcome to BA, by the way!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Right now I’m worried about where to post my works. Most sites are focused towards high quality projects. But I like to explore procedural shapes which typically leaves me with many similar results. The last thing I want to do is spam.

Don’t worry. I think the Blender users will happily provide you with as many things as possible for you to get better results.

Procedural shapes of models is also fine, so you should be alright with posting that kind of stuff here.

“Focused Critique” is the best forum for you to post your works. If you want feedback, that’s where you’ll receive them for how you create your models. No matter the form, shape, or even how it looks, you can get feedback just for how much time you’ve put into your artwork if given to them.

So, you’ve got the right place to get as much experience as possible (Blender Artists). Don’t think about how it looks with your models, just be happy you at least has something to show us, based on your rendered images.

That is all I can say right now. I hope you enjoy your place among us!

1 Like