I have tried to private message you. I have also tried asking these same question inside of other topics. I stated asking about 2 weeks ago but never get and answer and I have tired more then once.
#1 what are the buttons on the sides of the sliders in FiberGUI?
#2 Is there any chance that you viewlet that you have on your site about how to use Fiber1.3 can be made into and html file so that it can be printed out. Also the one on importing a terragen surface over a terragen imported terrain.
Here is the original pm that I wrote on the 14th of march.
I tried using Fiber1.3 last night on a low poly model that I downloade from somewhere and I had a problem. I will try to detail step by step what I did.
- loaded the blend of the model
- Opened a new window and made it a text window
- Loaded fiber1.3 into that text window then loaded fiberGUI into that window also.
- Selected the model in the 3d window and went into the face mode.
- pressed VKEY to get into the vertex paint mode.
- Chose a sky blue vertex paint colore that was a combination of red and blue. ( I wanted to affect lenght an density. I am not sure of this step exactly as I am righting this the morning after from work)
- vertex painted just the faces on the sides and back of the head of the model in that sky blue.
- put the mouse back in the Fibergui python window and pressed ALT-P to get the gui.
- click estimate faces. I got 48K+ faces estimated (also not sure of the exact number)
- Press the create button.
Ok every thing went fine EXCEPT I got hair fibers ALL over the model. Like she had grown fur. I was just trying to give her hair on her head that is why I vertex painted just the back and sides of the head. What did I do wrong?
Also one thing that I notice is that the fiber meshs come out looking really flat. Like they are knife bledes. Is there anyway of giving them more “roundness”
Here is one of the other post that I made in the Fiber1.3 thread
Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:33 am
Ok I get the same thing a TazyTigy but not every time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just stits there. Here is my setup
python 2.2# I put both of them on but in differnt directories just becasue some scripts require one or the other I have also made a dual set python path to check the 2.0 directory first then the 2.0 libs,2.0 libs dll, 2.0 lib dll tk directories then after those are check th2 2.2 directories of the same name.
Blender creator 2.20 # I thought it was 2.23 when I downloaded it last year but the splash screen at the begining says its 2.20 Oh well.
I also have publisher 2.25 but I do not run that much with scripts. I tend to test them out first in 2.20 unles the author says that the script is specifically for publish.
On another not what do those buttons next to the sliders do. I do not think that was explained in the read me.
Edit: Oh btw Ripstring if you see this would you consider making an html tutorial on using this script rather then the viewlet. The java really slows my machine down and sometimes makes me have to reboot.
Ok I know you are doing this on your own and with no help and for not money. So do not take this as a critisism but a note to say I am working on it or get lost or something would make me think that at least I am not being ignored.