Hellstation download

Got a new link to Hellstation for those who still wants it.

hem.bredband.net/petryl/hellstation.zip

Btw, got some new inspiration and are working on a sequel…

A SEQUEL?!
Oh man…I’m looking forward to this more than halo 2… :o
I’d just like to say that you’ve been an inspiration to me, and probably a lot of other people here. That first game was GREAT, and a sequel would rock! :slight_smile:

a sequal? cool…cant wait to see it!

wow havn’t seen you active for a while around here. :slight_smile: unless you never posted anything? hehe well can’t wait for the sequal… very nice on this one… best blendergame i’ve seen done.

Great game!

the crows killed me :o

it should be a way to save :wink: . But i Like the game , and Hope to see the new game when it is done :smiley:

Well, I have been working on an other project for a while (did’nt go as far as I hoped…) , but now I’m back and more exited about Blender then ever. Playing with other engines gave me some perspective. Blender is a great tool and I’m realy looking forward to the new features beeing implemented into Blender. Specially multi-texturing, which should do magic to the graphics.

I have also invested in new hardware so I should be able to get much more graphics out of the engine this time. But I will do my best to implement different graphical settings so you who don’t have the latest hardware can play.

Yes, this time around there will be save and load options. I don’t have time restrictions now so I will have time to implement and polish this version until I’m happy with it.

My brother will also help, specially with music.

It would be nice to realy create something great that made the people outside this community open their eyes to the gameengine. On Blender.org there isn’t much (if any) talk about the engine or projects, which is kind of sad. It’s geared more towards artwork and animations.

I know I’ve asked for this before, but I’ll gladly take any ideas about features and stuff that you people think should be in this game. Without this community I couldn’t have created the first game so your input is valuable.

:smiley: A sequel!!! Lol, I’ve only played the beginning, never got passed the hallway part for some odd reason, never seemed to find the key. Well, the game rocked anyways.

Hmm, input for the sequel. Hehe, more than one weapon, and definitely implement the watch for the different functions. It was sort of like one of those 007 games that had a watch to load, save, etc.

How about making the enemies a little bit less deadly? :wink:
and something based around time(like with the watch, making it an important part of the game!) :smiley:

I could never play Hellstation. The game would run at about 1 fps and then freeze completely when the telephone rang in the intro. (And that was after I made the window 200 x 100 pixels) :stuck_out_tongue:

Intel Celeron 850MHz
64MB RAM
Intel 82810E Graphics Controller

Could you tell me the specs for the computer you made the game on, so I know a good target to upgrade to?

How about making the enemies a little bit less deadly?
and something based around time(like with the watch, making it an important part of the game!)

Yes. This time it will be more balanced. Easier enemies in the beginning and deadly difficult in the end :smiley:
There will be a few different difficulty settings to choose from.

I realy like the time idea! My intesions for the first game was to use the watch as a save gadget, but yeah, something time based would be cool.

Could you tell me the specs for the computer you made the game on, so I know a good target to upgrade to?

1Ghz
Radeon 64Mb card.
I had some slowdown also. The AI for the crows were bad, realy bad…

This time around I think that will be absolutely minimum to play.
I want to add as much as I can to the game, both content and graphics, so FX 5200 and up are preferable.

clever anothe to kill me

Yeah… um, that’s kinda a POS computer, my mom’s computer, which we got like 4 years ago had 128mb to start, and now any modern computer SHOULD have 256 megs of RAM at LEAST, though i have a gig. As for your vid card, it kinda sux as well, integrated just isn’t good. You might want to just upgrade to a totally new computer.

Why would you work on a sequal when this one isn’t even done? I think it would work better if you finished the game first.

Pooba

Hello Peter! you have done a great job with HellStation :slight_smile: , I really like it the first time that I saw in blendergames :slight_smile:

We hope to see more of your work :stuck_out_tongue:

see you later!

Why would you work on a sequal when this one isn’t even done? I think it would work better if you finished the game first.

Well, Pooba. It’s actually not a true sequel, but more of a remake of the game/demo. The first one was never ment as a full game. It’s only purpose was to be a contender in the contest and a test for me what I could do in the gameengine. This time around I want to take all that was good and make it better.

Looking forward to the sequel Peter. Your work on the original Hellstation certainly inspired me to continue learning how to make great games :slight_smile:

Hellstation 1 really rocked, so I think hellstation2 will totally be kickass. :smiley:
I’m looking forwards to it Peter, keep going to good job.

Thanks!

JD, did you get my e-mail?