Help building Blender mac 10.4

Hey Guys

I’ve been trying to build Blender for the first time on my Mac, and have run into a error, when I type the code to build I get this error:

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

boyz-emac:~/blender-build/blender boyzcomputer$ python scons/scons.py -j 1
scons: Reading SConscript files …
File “/Users/boyzcomputer/blender-build/blender/SConstruct”, line 158

platform = 'win64-vc' if bitness == 64 else 'win32-vc'

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Any Ideas?? Not sure if this is the right place for this question but couldn’t find anywhere else.

Thanks!
Steve

I’m using scons btw.

Are you following the official instructions found on blender.org?
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Mac

Yes, that’s what I’ve been following. Anyone ever have this problem?

Ok, I got the latest version of Python, and that fixed my first error, but now after it starts compiling for awhile it runs in to this error:

Compiling ==> ‘AUD_Buffer.cpp’
Compiling ==> ‘AUD_BufferReader.cpp’
Compiling ==> ‘AUD_C-API.cpp’
In file included from intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:38:
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_PyInit.h:36:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
In file included from intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:39:
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:35:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_PyInit.h:45: error: expected initializer before ‘’ token
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:47: error: ‘PyObject_HEAD’ does not name a type
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:53: error: ‘PyObject_HEAD’ does not name a type
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:55: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘PyObject’ with no type
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:55: error: expected ‘;’ before '
’ token
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:59: error: ‘PyObject_HEAD’ does not name a type
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:63: error: ‘PyMODINIT_FUNC’ does not name a type
intern/audaspace/Python/AUD_PyAPI.h:66: error: expected initializer before ‘’ token
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_I3DDevice.h:44: warning: ‘class AUD_I3DDevice’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp: In function ‘int AUD_init(AUD_DeviceType, AUD_DeviceSpecs, int)’:
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:153: error: ‘Device_empty’ was not declared in this scope
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:156: error: ‘struct Device’ has no member named ‘device’
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp: In function ‘void AUD_exit()’:
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:174: error: ‘Py_XDECREF’ was not declared in this scope
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp: At global scope:
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:186: error: expected initializer before '
’ token
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:196: error: ‘PyMethodDef’ does not name a type
intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.cpp:202: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
scons: *** [/Users/boyzcomputer/blender-build/build/darwin/intern/audaspace/intern/AUD_C-API.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Help? anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!
Steve http://www.blender.org/forum/templates/baorg/images/lang_english/icon_quote.gif

I was having the same exact issues. After a bit of digging around, Ton mentioned in the Blender forums that Blender won’t compile with Xcode 4.

If you did buy Xcode 4 from the App Store like I did, you’ll have to uninstall it and revert to an older version like 3.2.6

If you want Xcode 3.2.6, you can get it here, but you need your iTunes store login:

https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/Developer_Tools/xcode_3.2.6_and_ios_sdk_4.3__final/xcode_3.2.6_and_ios_sdk_4.3.dmg

Before you install it, you have to uninstall Xcode 4, instructions here: http://pushkararora.com/how-to/how-to-uninstall-xcode-completely/

then install the older version, restart your computer, then you’re off and running!

EDIT: BTW i’m on a mac mini aluminum running 10.6.8, but i do believe there’s an option to add in 10.4 support with that 3.2.6 installer