Help Creating Depth?

Maybe this will help. This is the diffuse image I posted in another thread of yours. I made the specular/normal in crazybump. I can tell you how to get that btw if ur interested. You have to add a color ramp and/or contrast node to make the specular map less harsh. At least in my inexperience I have to to keep from having glass like shiny surfaces.

That’s some really good node-ing above. My trial expired and I redownloaded and it didn’t work (says I have 30 days, but when I click begin I need a license) I tried the .bat file, what do I do now? 0_0

Ok, I was afraid that might happen. You’ll need to uninstall crazybump from the uninstall programs thing in the control panel. Then you might need to delete the app data so that your os doesn’t remember anything about crazybump or this may not work. You’ll have to google “how to completely remove any trace of a program in win7” or w/e os you have. Chances are though this will work regardless.

Download the files I’m about to link. None of it is illegal. Its just a standard 30day trial setup for crazybump and a crack .exe that just keeps crazybump thinking you always have 30days left. the crack is “cb_crack.exe” You copy that into the crazybump main folder and from then on use it to open crazybump. Create a shortcut of the cb_crack.exe to your desktop or something. It will open crazybump and reset the clock on the trial everytime. I got the crazybump trial from their homepage and the crack is not a virus. Have fun.

Thanks a lot, I’ll tell you how it goes. I don’t like clearing registry files with programs, because that tends to mess up the important ones over time.

you might want to check to forum rules on providing hack codes and stuff

He just said none of it is illegal, duh lol. Cool mask you have for your profile pic, looks like a burlap sack.

well, sure, though i’m sure crazybumps legal team would argue differently.

lol it is a sack. the full image is a screcrow

Looks awesome, did you win the contest? I know, off topic lol.

not even close! the winners were pretty spectacular, as always :slight_smile:

Well I’ll take that link down, but only because I wish to abide by the forum rules. I give not one solid shit what is technically legal or not.

lol, i get that impression from you :smiley:
anyway, i’d just keep that stuff between private messages if you want to share that info with other members :slight_smile:

Engineering a trial version of a software to trick it into running it indefinitely is pretty much the same thing as outright pirating the program (especially if any watermarks are removed as well).

I would think on this forum, promoting the piracy of a product by providing links to cracks or hacks would lead to a banning if the offender ignored initial warnings, I don’t think the mods want to see that kind of promotion here (which unfortunately is actually encouraged in some of the more extreme groups of people who praise FOSS).

If you don’t want to spend the money on Crazybump, there are numerous solutions out there (like Shadermap) that do something similar and are a lot cheaper.

I sleep just fine at night. But I will respect the rules of the forum. Good advice SmallTroll. In the future I’ll request emails or something so any “grey area” stuff I might want to suggest doesn’t happen on this site.

I actually have trouble sleeping, due to stress. Just thought I’d add in :smiley:
Anyway, my maps are looking amazing in the program viewport I use, then I import to blender and they look very low res. What might be the problem? I’d upload a pic but photobucket is down.

Still looks cluttered than ever. Of course, its supposed to be cluttered, but its supposed to look good too. Any ideas yet?

Hey guys, I need a poster like this;

For the intro, anyone know how I could get one without copyright issues?

its a public domain image, so as long as you’re using an image that hasn’t been artistically modified then you’re good to go

Thanks, found a good sizeable one too. Still having tons of texturing trouble elsewhere though, think I’ll get back to that tomorrow.

looks almost acceptable! :smiley: any criticisms?

textures on the devices look good, trees still look oversized to me perhaps scale down the texture a bit,

and there are still no shadows. but progress is being made, keep it up :slight_smile: