Help elYsiun.com

(Timothy) #1

Hey all,

Been thinking about what to do with elYsiun.com tonight and bandwith to this place has increased.

If this keeps up like this I will need to start having a banner advert at the top of elYsiun.com.

Anyways,… I was wondering if you guys knew any banner advertisement companies which allow banners to be hosted at forums.

Please let me know,

Greets,
Timothy Kanters

(Poju) #2

Yes it’s that bad thing to happen when popularity kick’s in to have addbanners, but i totally understand it.

Maybe asking from CGTalk that banner thingy might help, in their forum is addban

http://www.cgtalk.com/

Edit: And maybe you should boost up fontsize just a little :slight_smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poju on 2002-03-14 13:21 ]</font>

(calli) #3

Oh yes, the font is really eye murdering on Linux Netscape here…
C.

PS: and there is no Post Topic for me at the empty realtime board ;-( Wanted to be the first…

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: calli on 2002-03-14 16:09 ]</font>

(Timothy) #4

I will fix the font size soon,…

ehm if you registered and are logged in you will see a post topic at the top right of the screen (can’t miss it)

(paradox) #5

If banners will help you to keep this site up and handle increased traffic, then go for it.
I don’t know of any banner companys but they shouldn’t be hard to find.

Paradox

(sten) #6

I will agree to using banners…if we need to have a alternative Community to NaNs old one, I don’t mind having Banners of the traffic must be paid in somehow…

I are also willing to be some sort of support as now and then I helped folks under Q&A forum at the old site…but we will see…maybe not all the time, but now and then… :slight_smile:

/ztonzy

(S68) #7

Sure!

let we know how we can help…

Stefano

(stephen2002) #8

please clarify something for me. I don’t quite get the bandwidth thing. I understand if you are paying some company to host the site, but not if you are hosting it off of your own computer.

Timothy, how are you hosting the site?

(Pablosbrain) #9

What if we split the forums up… so not all the forums are on one persons site. I know blendermania also has forums. That would definitely help keep the bandwidth down. I also have forums on my site and would willing to try it for a while to see how it affects my bandwidth. We would just need one central page somewhere with links to the different forums… and possibly some sort of similar branding/design to keep usability the same. I’m currently using Phorum a php Phorum but I’d be willing to use phpBB to keep things the same as I believe blendermania as well as elYsiun use this forum soft.

Also… As for banner ads. I don’t know of any. But with the amount of traffic the Blender community generates… anyone who runs forums will probably get into issues with bandwidth. But splitting them up should help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plunneberg on 2002-03-15 06:39 ]</font>

(Caronte) #10

On 2002-03-14 12:02, Kib_Tph wrote:
Hey all,

Been thinking about what to do with elYsiun.com tonight and bandwith to this place has increased.

If this keeps up like this I will need to start having a banner advert at the top of elYsiun.com.

Anyways,… I was wondering if you guys knew any banner advertisement companies which allow banners to be hosted at forums.

Please let me know,

Greets,
Timothy Kanters

By curiosity, wich is you bandwidth limit?