Help for a NOOB

Hey everyone. So, I’m not going to lie, when it comes to blender I have nearly no clue what I’m doing. So to all you legit artists out there, I’m asking for help.

For my first question:
I’m trying to use vertex paint to make a plane look like grass turf. But for some reason, It won’t stop becoming a single solid color. I once knew how to fix this (earlier today), But as forgetful as I am, I forgot. Will someone please explain how I can fix this?

Your local super-noob,
ThereIsNoNoobs

Dear local super-noob,

You probably have to change the setting to textured which is right next to the Object mode/Edit mode/ect. It looks like a little round earth.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me, and I will do my best to answer them.
Sincerely,

JollyGreenGiant

Also, go to forums and check out the rules, because knowing you…Don’t cuss at people :slight_smile:

What I’m talking about is… remember the thing you showed me before? You broke up the plane into a lot of different sections, and that let me make a detailed texture. Do you know what I’m talking about?

I think I know what you mean. Go into edit mode on your plane, select all 4 vertices, push the “W” key, click on subdivide, do it a couple more times and you should be able to do what you want with the vertex paint.

Thanks. That was exactly what I meant.

New problem: Once I test the scene (hit the P button), the texture disappears and everything turns white. Anyone know what’s going on?

Turn on texture mode Ian,

I did. Now everything but the floor (subdivided plane) is the right color.

To JollyGreenGiant: If I don’t fix the problem by 4th period, you’re helping me.

Thats fine with me. Just don’t annoy me to death -__-

I won’t…

UPDATE: Texture problem solved. Make sure to keep looking for these threads, I’m going to need a LOT of advice…

If you find the solution to your problem and take the time to post that you’ve solved it, perhaps you should also include your solution with the post in case someone else is having the same issue you did.