help for modeling realy buchholz power transformer

Hallo another attempt, this way seems also good,the method of Lane it’s better but give edge too sharp especially internal, because in the fusione it’s rare find edge so sharp,can someone tell me if there is something wrong in this mesh?

Hallo this is the resulst after a lot of attempt, i’m pretty satisfied but i have a little doubt: i have used a subsuraface mod with 3 iterations could be a symptom of bad topology?
the looks decent at 2 iteration good with 3 ,very good with 4 .

It looks good to me, and if you’re doing this for some client, I don’t think they’d have much to complain about either. No obvious artifacts in the renders and it looks clean. Seems just fine for a product visualization. If you’re still worried about some creases being too tight, just use edge slide to move the control loops back from where the creases are to relax the tension there. Should be easy enough at this point.

The only thingh who let me unsatisfied is the ngons in the mesh, and the non ability to produce a mesh clean,the best model i have seen of similar object in the web like flange and valve seems have no vertices unconnetted,ngons and triangle.

Yes, theres a small error there, but hopefully not an a place where it is seeing. you can try to fix it, but the faster way will be just by a triangle there ( where theres the ngon, merge the vertices unconnected with the one aside ( ngon will become a quad ), you will end with a triangle there, but well dont forget than you render, it render triangle, so it will not been a problem .)

It is on the soldering joint of the 2 pieces ( thoses metals parts are soldered or mold ) … even if you was looking really close and a small deformation was seeing, it will not been a problem there .

I find the result pretty good and detailed, dont forget that normally, for this type of industrial parts, we use Inventor, Solidwork, Fusion, Catia or Autocad who are not polygonal modeler. ( mostly parametric, typicallly using a bolean workflow ).

Will be a fun pieces to textures under substance painter … and it is a good piece too for export to Sketchfab …

Im allways amazed by the result of thoses technical industrial parts as modeling.

Thanks to every one for your opinions ,now i go back to work!