Help for my project in modelling and sculpting?

Im doing a project with the description given below : I want to know im i correct or going wrong and if wrong how and what way i can get correct. Plz give suggestion. Thanks.

Description:

CONCEPT
The smallest actions, characteristics, attachments, interactions stay with us. People follow us, affecting our consciousness in subtle ways to form each unique part of our being.

PIECE DESCRIPTION
Imagine a representation of people leaving traces in your home with finger prints of places they might have touched.

Getting tactical, think of small oval pads for each finger print. Coming up on all sides of the pad would be a splash. They are like fingerprints with energy coming out of them.

Please the attached sketches and inspiration.

Wants:

CREATIVE MUST HAVES
–Fingerprint pads for all 10 fingers. The shapes should feel organic, like mini sculptures. They can be similar to each other with modifications – no need to create an entirely different design for each one.
–The fingerprint pads should have stylized fingerprints, rather than real fingerprints, which are lighter and difficult to see. No need to make them as complex a real fingerprint. They can be stylized and less complicated.
–The pad should be the size of a real fingerprint. The splash will be bigger, but not too much bigger (within a few inches around the finger print).

EXECUTIONAL DETAILS
The file format should be an STL or other printable file
Specs:
–Minimum wall thickness: 1mm
–Minimum details: .5mm

DELIVERABLES
–One file with all 10 fingerprints.
–One file with one finger print to test materials.

I have tried so far

finger print.blend (3.6 MB)

I don’t think anyone can help you with this. Using someone’s fingerprints may give rise to legal issues (it’s sensitive data) so you would have to generate random fingerprints which is not an easy process! Another solution would be to use some circular maze generators then make the shape oval. Then you can create a bunch of splashes like the one in your picture and apply fingerprint/maze patterns to them.

If i understood the above project they need a finger print in center. As if a fingerprint is press and splash going on around. Is that so or confused.

Hard way: you can sculpt each fingerprint on the splash.
Easy way:

• make some fingerprints height maps in Gimp/Photoshop or find some;
  • create a plane;
  • add subdivide modifier;
  • add displace modifier with a finger height map;
  • add solidify modifier;
  • fix non-manifold if needed;
  • now you can do a modifier>boolean on the splash to intersect with the plane;
  • do the same for each fingerprint.
1 Like

Thanks in detail. I did not get this now you can do a modifier>boolean on the splash to intersect with the plane. And do i have to make a finger print across the splash and 10 finger print it said. What that means. Sorry confused.