Help-i'm New At This

MESSING ABOUT ON NET AN I FOUND THE BLENDER SITE, I’VE NEVER HEARD OF BLENDER. SO I DOWNLOADED IT. I HAVE VERSION 2.42.A AN WOULD REALY LIKE TO USE IT AS I LOVE THIS SORT OF STUFF. BUT I DON’T HAVE A CLUE AS TO FINDING INFO ON BASIC USEAGE OF BLENDER. AT THE MO I’M JUST SURFING AROUND AN DOWNLOADING ANYTHING THAT I THINK IS HELPFULL. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AS I NEED A GUIDE TO USE THIS, THE GUIDE I DOWN LOADED IS OUT OF DATE. IS THE 2.3 GUIDE WORTH GETTING? THAN YOU NEIL:confused:

Niel,

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

First, I don’t know how much internet surfing / posting on discussion forums you’ve done, but ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING !!! (and it’'s very hard to read :slight_smile:

Second, Click on the links on my signature, start with the Blender Wiki Main Page, click on "User’s Manual, then follow all the links for the Introductoin, and Interaction in 3d.

Then go back to the Main Page and follow the “Summer Of Documentation Links”. Pick whichever or (all) that looks interesting to you. I would recommend that you do them in this Order :

Introduction to :

Modelling
Character Animation
Materials and Procedural Texturiing
Lighting

The game engine is really almost a different program within a program, if you’re interested in games primarily you might start with the Intro to the Game Engine.

The other topics there are frankly a bit more advanced and probably won’t make any sense to you if you haven’t done the other material I suggested.

If you’re interested in character animation, there are links to some great fully rigged characters ready to animate in my “Best of Blender” thread in my signature.

Mike