Help -- Massive Invasion of Evil Giant Hands (IPO error)

Hi,
I had a hand, and a gun. I, after making the first frame, decided I wanted another hand to carry the gun.
Every time I would copy the hand and switch frames, the hand disappears. I tried various things a lot of different times.

I have a python script that rotates the hand slightly when the mouse moves (Z Bobbing).

When I enter the game and move my mouse, a thousand hands start flying everywhere like the game is based on some low-budget 1950s alien movie.

I did something wrong and I can’t find the extra hands in the viewport at all.

Please help, I am not trying to make Mars Attacks: The Game nor do I want to.
In fact, I would rather jump in a pool of Nitroglycerin filled with double edged razor blades while wearing nothing but a life jacket made of C-4 and constantly-running lighters while it’s raining tracer rounds then say those four words together again.

Edit: Solved.
I really have to figure out what’s wrong with my brain.
I get a problem.
I can’t figure it out.
I post it.
My I.Q points suddenly raise 80 points and I solve the problem myself.
After the problem is solved, I drop back down 80 points and begin drooling on the carpet again.
Hey – Maybe I should ask what’s wrong with my brain so I’ll figure it out.

The Problem:
Apparently, you have to go to the super-secret hidden menu above the top bar, go to Edit Methods, and check everything under “Duplicate with object”.
Then, you have to go to IPO curves and slaughter all your keyframes (It’s really depressing. You get the same feeling when you spend all of your savings to buy a nice car then have it get stolen the following night.).
After that, you delete the duplicate and re-duplicate the IPO.
THEN, you can animate it.

Unfortunately, I suddenly decided that flying hands are cool, but I’m not going to make Ma–…
Screw it, I’m gonna go dive into a pool of nitroglycerin filled with double-edged razor blades wearing nothing but a life jacket made of C-4 and constantly running lighters while it’s raining tracer rounds.

When I enter the game and move my mouse, a thousand hands start flying everywhere like the game is based on some low-budget 1950 alien movie.

just roll with it and use it to your advantage, it sounds amazing. I’ve been trying to do that for the last 3 months- could you write a tut?

Sure, it’s easy:

1. Try to make something cool but hard.
  2. Screw up.
  3. Don’t notice.
  4. Watch the hands fly.