Help me understand what's going on in this tutorial?

Starting around 6:30

I can make the cube, and I know tab goes into edit mode. But around 6:38, what is he doing there? Does anyone know what shortcuts he is using to grab both the front and back and shrink it? When I use the "b"shortcut it only grabs the front 2 vertices.

A little later he grabs the bottom to make a sort of pyramid shape. what tool/shortcut is he using?

even if you aren’t sure do you know any good tutorials that can maybe demonstrate that? Thanks for the help!

I can make the cube, and I know tab goes into edit mode. But around 6:38, what is he doing there? Does anyone know what shortcuts he is using to grab both the front and back and shrink it? When I use the "b"shortcut it only grabs the front 2 vertices.
Ensure you are in wireframe view mode

or you have disabled ‘Limit Selection to Visible’

A little later he grabs the bottom to make a sort of pyramid shape. what tool/shortcut is he using?
Scale ? (shortcut S)

I will try this out as soon as u get home! One more question, when he grabs the edge and drags it down, it stays straight. Whenever I try to drag, it would be a very loose free flowing drag.

This is my first time in blender really so I’m just learning

One more question about the tutorial, in part 7:13 he grabs the center of the face (or whole object? i’m not sure) and then pulls it up. Does anyone know how he selected that center line?

Ctrl - R, loopcut tool. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Subdividing/Loop_Subdivide

Also, when you drag/Translate (G key), you can press x, y or z to translate only along that axis. So say you wanted to move something only up, press G, Z, then slide it up with the mouse!

Thanks guys! Blender was really confusing at first, but learning all these shortcuts is making it way easier!