Help modeling a faucet handle

Hi everyone ,i just a beginner in Blender.
I need someone help me.
I am modeling a faucet,but no idea how to modeling a faucet handle.
Can anyone teach me how to modeling it or what methods would you suggest to me?

thanks

*i am come from Hong Kong , please forgive my poor english.

Attachments

do one segment and use the spin tool !

did many like that and works fine !
show us what you did
and what problems you have with the model

happy bl

I’m thinking the skin modifier could be useful for this.

Just start a circle, 8 verts ;).
Look at the photo where lines go. Sure i did try Modron’s suggestion first - well, it’s too shaky and not deterministic…

Hi All~^^
Finally, I tried this (start a circle, 8 verts) method to modeling the faucet handle.
This is my final result, i think that look like pretty good~^^

1. Start a circle, 8 verts
  2. Extrude + Scale
  3. Add Modifier > Mirror

I tried using the SPIN method, but do not understand how to use XuX

Anyway,Thank you for your help ^^

*i am come from Hong Kong , please forgive my poor english.

Attachments

try to find a video tut on spin or look in wiki page
very simple to work with if you need more then 4 segments

happy bl

Spinning manually, is what you are doing, and why not, it’s only one turn after all, and the mirror is doing the rest, right? But I suspect you still need to merge those two edges (edge menu, bridge edge loops, merge setting) orselect all, and remove doubles to fix that sharp edge where the two manually spun parts come together.

Thx everyone, i will find a video tut on spin later ^^

I still have some problems with this model and need to fix.
Before i combined two mesh objects into one by Boolean modifier and tried command J to connect those vertices.
When I add a Subdivision Surface modifier,the result become ugly as following pictures.(red mark)

I need to know how to join or merge those vertices to obtain the best result for this model?

*I attached the blender file for your review it.

thanks

Attachments

faucet_handle.blend (1000 KB)

Looks generally good, the handle had as I said 120 doubled vertices that needed to be removed. The area that you indicated had a few vertices that were doubled but not close enough for the default remove doubles distance. That affected the overall topology and had to be corrected. Preparing it for subsurf is of course more complicated.
If you are going to use subsurf on this it’s going to smoothe out all those edges on the bottom and look too organic. You’ll have to add support loops all over or designate some edges to be ‘creased’ so that subsurf does not affect them as much.
Alternatively you could use auto smooth and set the angle to about12 to smooth shade the rounded parts and still have some nice facets -I did this for you in the fixed file. See how you like that look. The handle of course is ideal for subsurf.

Attachments

faucet_handle fix.blend (1.32 MB)