Help needed: How to switch off the blue dot in the centre of the 3D View

Hi

I cannot not find the (probably simple) solution how to get rid of the little blue dot indicating the center of the view port:

It is not there when I reload the factory settings.

thanks in advance

ulli

Check the outliner for any stray objects and your object for stray vertices on your object

Hi Richard

thanks for your answer.
Well that is not the cause I fear, it still is there in a complete empty scene.
even with “only render” enabled
That dot is annoying when sculpting, it is always in the middle,

Please supply a blend file

Thanks again, hope you can reproduce that, and see it;), so I’m not alone:

blueDot.blend (193 KB)

Sorry, no dot here.
Do you by any chance use a 3DConnexion device? I think their driver can cause that blue indicator which lets you rotate about the center. AFAIK you can go to the options and make it show only when rotating…

I don’t see any dots either, but if you switch the outliner to display datablocks and expand Objects, there is a strange Empty object with no users. When I saved and reopened the file, it was gone.

Hi Ikari and Stan,

thanks for your care. You rock.
“SOLVED”
So it is a deep deep bug:
That blue dot is caused by a formerly plugged in SpaceNavigator, which was the last time switched to “show navigation guide”
I plugged it in again, switched that off and the blue dot disappeared.

Unfortunately it is not possible AFAIK:) to change it back without a SpaceNavigator, so I could have searched forever.

And it is great to explore those Data Blocks:D, that empty was still there because it was used for the DOF a the deleted camera, I guess.

1 Like

It is possible to bring up the 3dmouse menu without a 3dmouse, but its a bit of a pain.
You have to assign a normal keypress (we have lots of unused keys, right?) to the NDOF ‘Call Menu’.

Sounds like it would be a good idea for Blender devs to put a checkbox for that option at the bottom of the NDOF setttings in Preferences–>Input. Otherwise, like you said, people would be looking forever to find a setting they cannot normally access.

Hey man, Can you help me how did you solved this deep deep bug

!
I didnt get the space navigator thing you mentioned !

Uncheck this

8 Likes

Oh! man, Thanks so much ! Problem Solved. hah! :raised_hands: :loudspeaker: :+1:

2 Likes