Help needed with Boolean Operation (maybe complex Boolean Operation?)

So, I need to make a Boolean Cutout (Difference Operation). Like This:

and this Boolean Operation has to go around the entire circumference of an elliptical object. This One:

If, in case the elliptical object were perfectly circular, the radius would remain constant and I could just use a radial array. But since it isn’t circular, I can’t use a radial array.

Is there a simpler method to do this?
Thank You.

Hi, So you want the Boolean cutout to go around the whole object? It wont be easy to clean up the mesh once you apply the modifiers because you’'ll have to repeat the process for each cut.
One thing you could do is to cut your elliptical object object in 4, and then use the mirror modifier. This way you have to do less cleaning up.
In order to array the shape around the object you could try the curve modifier along a bezier curve for example.

1 Like

Hi @Blendereruser, Thank You for your answer, I was planning on using just 1/4th of the Object.
I’ll give the curve modifier a try, I’m sure it’ll work. Thanks again.

it is one way
IMHO second way is to make cutted part of mesh and then use array and curve modifier
and place so much cutted parts as u need

1 Like

Hi @Piter, I tried @Blendereruser suggestion and it worked, but I was facing shading issues when I tried to bevel. Then I read your suggestion, got rid of the Boolean workflow entirely and used Shrinkwrap Modifier instead to make the cutout on a single piece of the Object, and then used array, curve and Weld modifiers to get the elliptical shape, and it worked. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Nice to see thats it works great