help on blender/python

help on this thing?

message from console:

Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
‘import site’ failed; use -v for traceback
Checking for installed Python… No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

running win7 x64; with beldner x86 2.49b and python 2.6.6final

Blender ships with a subset of Python, but can use the whole Python suite if it finds it installed. This is just a harmless message to inform you that it didn’t find a full Python install it can use on your system and it is using the built in subset.

As far as I know, all Python scripts that come with Blender will run with the built in Python.

There may be external Python scripts which you might download and run manually that might need a full Python install, so in that case you would have to install it. As the message says, you would need Python version 2.6.2 (I believe any 2.6.x should work). I don’t know about Win7, I’m on Linux, but I think if you use a 64Bit Blender, you also would need a 64Bit Python, or both need to be 32Bit. Somebody else who knows more about Win7 hopefully will chip in if I’m telling nonsense :).

EDIT: Oh! I just saw you already have Python, and a 32Bit Blender. So, might that be because the bitness of Blender and Python don’t match? If they match, I’ve no Idea what’s wrong.

both are 32bit

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11938

thanks.

CLosed

The solution was to add Python to the Environment Variable, “Path”

no that was not it.

I had to add the variable:
“SET PYTHONPATH” with value “C:\PYTHON26;C:\PYTHON26\DLLS;C:\PYTHON26\LIB;”