My dream is to be able to look at my own renders without knowing they’re mine.
That would be useful…
Well, so, let’s do this.
I’ve started doing this apartment a while ago by myself, without copying a photo. The problem is I’m still stuck on the living room because of the interior design. I’m not liking it, the image is not interesting. I feel like the image is failing on making the viewer wanting to be on that room.
So, any help on the design is greatly appreciated. Critics on technical aspects of the render itself are useful too, but not really needed right now. If you want to critique something more technical tho, know that I’ve already spotted some mistakes:
- The bump on the painting is too strong;
- The reflection on the door’s metal is too sharp;
- The flower’s red color is too saturated;
- The carpet Hair needs some sculpting (ParticleEdit);
- The sharp reflection on the lamp in the second render is too diffuse, I mean, the diffuse component is too strong;
- The bump on the metallic handle in the first render is too strong (and it’s already fixed in the second render).
Also, the fabric on the sofa needs something to hold it to the wood.
I didn’t fix those things yet and didn’t start working on the other spaces of the ap exactly because of the design, which is still too… ‘meh’
Any constructive tip is immensely appreciated.
Note: The render with the colored carpet is the more recent. I did those few changes, but I’m still not convinced. I’m thinking about going with a really minimalist design, changing all the materials to more light colors, but I’m not sure if I should do that :S