Help please.. Modifier is not working the way it suppose to.

Hello.

I downloaded this video from youtube, it’s a lowly environment modeling timelaps.

I’m playing it via VLC at the slower speed possible to see what is the video creator was doing and how he was doing it, I managed to follow along till 3:35 when he selected the model, subdivided it 8 times in edit mode, then he moved to the textures tap in the properties window (and here I got lost), he creates a new texture cloud type then goes to the modifiers tap and add a displace modifier and loads the created texture in it, I did all that but the result I had a very different from the one in the video.
The same thing happens in 10:24 when he modeled the tree and did the exact same steps and again the result I had was very different from the one in the video.

Anybody can please explain to my why is this happening and how to fix it?

I did all that but the result I had a very different from the one in the video.
Are you going to let us know in what way it was different ?

The same thing happens in 10:24 when he modeled the tree and did the exact same steps and again the result I had was very different from the one in the video.
Different in what way ? When people say they followed the exact steps they mean they believed they followed the exact steps. If you are getting a different result then most likely you didn’t at some point

Anybody can please explain to my why is this happening and how to fix it?
You have not supplied a link to your .blend file so we would have to go round to your home and watch over your shoulder. Not something most of us would be wishing to do.

Please ALWAYS supply a demo blend file and screenshots to clearly demonstrate what the problem is.