Help! Spline Ik causes issues with final render

(Raxifire) #1

While rendering an animation I’ve found a problem with my rig and the resulting render, where the lower half of my rig stretches and doesn’t seem to move in the rendered scene. I have not had this issue with rendering via openGL, just for my final render using an online renderfarm.

It is supposed to look like this:

Instead it looks like this (pardon the shitty gif):


Which looks very silly.

I know what exactly is causing this stretch- I am using a spline IK for the tail in my rig, and I have enabled Y stretch, which unfortunately causes stretching whenever I switch between frames quickly, or when there is a lot of lag. Also unfortunately, I can’t disable Y stretch because that breaks my rig. I didn’t think that this would be a problem with my animation, as it has always worked fine for opengl renders and renders on my own computer, but uploading to another renderfarm causes this issue, likely because all of the frames are rendered independently of one another.

Is there some way to fix this stretching problem with my rig without disabling Y stretch or removing my animation?

Another solution I can think of would maybe to be to bake the animation, although I don’t know how to go about doing that, and most baking answers I can find online are related to textures and simulations, not the animation itself.

Here’s my file if that helps: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h26z1ujnvg821in/10_investigate_DONE.blend/file

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

(stilltrying) #2

OK you are experiencing the classic refresh issue with a spline IK that has its control bones in the same armature. Here is a discussion on the issue. https://developer.blender.org/T40497 from a while back. Ugh it’s still here. You can try a two armature solution. You can see this in your rig by just scrolling the the armature in your time line. You will see the tail separate from the rig as you move it. If you pull up your console window you will see this dependency in your rig, such as Read prefs: C:\Users\treasuretwo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python
Read blend: D:\Downloads\10_investigate_DONE.blend
Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol1 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Aquarig depends on Tailcontrol1 through Copy Rotation.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol5 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol5 through Hook Modifier.
Aquarig depends on Tailspline through Spline IK.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol4 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol4 through Hook Modifier.
Aquarig depends on Tailspline through Spline IK.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol3 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol3 through Hook Modifier.
Aquarig depends on Tailspline through Spline IK.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol2 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol2 through Hook Modifier.
Aquarig depends on Tailspline through Spline IK.

Dependency cycle detected:
Aquarig depends on Tailcontrol1 through Copy Rotation.
Tailcontrol1 depends on Aquarig through Parent.

Dependency cycle detected:
Aquarig depends on Tailspline through Spline IK.
Tailcontrol1 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol1 through Hook Modifier.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol1 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Aquarig depends on Tailcontrol1 through Copy Rotation.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol5 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol5 through Hook Modifier.
Aquarig depends on Tailspline through Spline IK.

Dependency cycle detected:
Tailcontrol4 depends on Aquarig through Parent.
Tailspline depends on Tailcontrol4 through Hook Modifier.

1 Like

(Raxifire) #3

Thank you so much! I fixed the parenting on the controls and the stretching disappeared :smiley:

1 Like