Help! Ubuntu Linux/NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 AGP/Bezier Curves

Hi!

I am using Ubuntu Linux (Breezy, Standardkernel) with
a NVIDIA Geforce FX5200 AGP Graphicscard. So far Blender works really well, but cutting out a hole within curves (bezier curves) doesnt work! Eg. adding two bezier curves, adding some vertices with Ctrl+LeftMousbutton and closing it with Button C, in shadow mode (Button Z) no hole appears! Its only one flat surface!

In /etc/X11/xorg.conf i removed Modules “dri” and “GlCore” (as mentioned in Readme-File at nvidia.com) . Before that cutting a hole out of closed curves didnt work too.

What i did before to get nvidia-card running with Open-GL Support:

aptitude install nvidia-glx
sudo nvidia-glx-config enable
killall gdm
gdm

OpenGL is enabled, it comes up with the NVIDIA Logo at GDM-Startup.
Mesh-Modeling in Blender is working very fast and smooth.

Here are my Kernel-Specs:
[email protected]:~# uname -a
Linux ubuntu 2.6.12-9-386 #1 Mon Oct 10 13:14:36 BST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

Iam really frustrated, bcause i allready put several hours of workingtime in this. Iam loving it working with blender on linux and i dont want go back to windows.

Anybody having the same problem??
Thank you very much for further recommendations!

Bye
Reedbeat

can you show us a pic?

also, curves only become solid when you exit edit mode

are you using the “nvidia-kernel” package, or the legacy drivers. I’m running kubuntu breezy-badger, amd64 with the smp kernel, and I don’t have any problems, I would suggest you try the legacy driver, it’s the only one I could get to work, and it handles the curves just fine. it is possible that it’s a blender problem, but it doesn’t sound like that.

I don’t think this has anything to do with your set up. Are you sure that you were in edit mode when you added the second curve. If you were in object mode you have 2 different surfaces and holes won’t appear. Select the 2 curves and join them.

GreyBeard

Youre Right! I wasnt in edit mode! :expressionless:
When i was adding the second curve the other one wasnt in edit mode.

Holes are working now! Thx!

Sorry for bothering!
reedbeat