Help using PyInstaller 2.0

UPDATE:

heres where im at so far

1. install pywin32 to “c:\python26”

2. in command prompt I type “cd c:\python26” to set the command prompt focus to python

3. still in command prompt, I type "python c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaller.py MyScript.py

Here is what the console returns:

16 info: wrote c:\python26\MyScript.spec
30 info: testing for ability to set icons, version recources…
77 info: … recource update available
77 info: UPX is not available.
traceback (most recent call last):
file “c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaller.py”, line 91 in <module>
main()
file "c:\pythn26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaller.py , line 86, in main
run_build(opts, spec_file)
file “c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaller.py”, line 50, in run_build
pyinstaller.build.main(spec_file, **opts.dict)
file “c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaler\build.py”, line 1625, in main
build(specfile, buildpath)
file “c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaller\build.py”, line 1582, in build
execfile(spec)
file “c:\python26\MyScript.spec”, line 5, in <module>
hookspath=none)
file “c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0\pyinstaller\build.py”, line 371 in init

raise valueError("script '%s' not found" % script)

valueError: script ‘Myscript.py’ not found

I can see that it makes the spec file, this seems to be working sort of. What do I need to do from here in order to make my script into one working .exe? I think I have to add [–onefile] perameter but how do I enter it? do I use the brackets?

################################################################

Im following the pyinstaller manual from their official site: http://www.pyinstaller.org/export/d3…r-your-project

I am running Pyinstaller along side python 2.6.2 on windows 7 64-bit

I have PyInstaller 2.0 unzipped inside of C:\Python26. so my path is “C:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0”

If its Windows make sure to include the .exe so pyinstaller.exe if that is the file. I am not sure but that is worth a shot if you have not already done that.

but in the pyinstaller directory, it shows that pyinstaller is a .py

but ill try it though

Then if you included the pyinstaller.py and called for that and it didn’t work I doubt the .exe will. Still after trying if that doesn’t work if you have any programming friends who have compiled python. Have them take a look at it. Good luck.

Well there are only like 3 steps.

Step 1: In the /your/path/to/pyinstaller/ directory, run: python Configure.py

My question for Step 1:
for the “in the /your/path/to/pyinstaller/ directory” how do I do this in the command prompt? Do I set the focus of the command prompt to that directory by typing “cd c:\users\me\desktop\pyinstaller”? and then just type “python Configure.py”?

That should be fine. Though I have not tried to code or mess around with python much. So I have asked my friend who has been programming in Python to check this thread out and see what he thinks.

K here is what he suggests:
First of all, make sure c:\Python26 is in your Windows path. If not, Google for how to do that, and then close your command prompt and open a new one to pull in the new path settings. (Setting the path to include Python is not strictly speaking necessary, but it makes it harder to mistype anything)
Next, set your working directory to the location you put PyInstaller, so type “cd c:\python26\pyinstaller-2.0”
I’ll make an assumption that your script is in C:\Users\me\Documents\Python\MyScript.py. Adjust the following step as necessary for where your script really is
Type “python pyinstaller.py -F c:\Users\me\Documents\Python\MyScript.py”
If you’re doing anything that has a GUI, I also like to throw the -w flag in next to the -F as well, to prevent it from opening an extraneous command prompt window when I run it.Basically, it looks to me like the last line from your error, “valueError: script ‘Myscript.py’ not found” was because you weren’t telling it where MyScript.py was. Hope this works better for you

Yes!!! I figured it out. thanks Softwarespecial. All I needed to type was “cd c:\python26” then " python path o\pyinstaller --onefile path o\myscript.py" idk why that was so hard lol. Thanks man

Me and My Friend Say Your Welcome.