Help with a colour choice - PLEASE!!!

Hey all! I have a slight update on my bot WIP. I added the start of the arms. Not sure if I like 'em though :-?

Anyway, that’s not why I posted this thread. I started to do some base colour and texture testing, (I know, get the damned model done before you do this :wink: ). I have been hashing colour schemes in my head and need some input. Check out the two test colour and bump renders of the chestplate at the bottom of this page, and them let me know, either by posting, or voting:

http://bgdm0.tripod.com/page18.html

Not sure if I like the blue one. It looked OK until I rendered it. Then it just didn’t look right. I sort of like the black one, but not 100% on that one either.

Thanks for your help gang.

BgDM

the blue one is awsome, but so is the black, maybe do a tan sorta thing with blue hihglights

awsome stuff man! :o :o :o :o

i like the blue one as well
the black looks lesser on a black background

btw
Nayman don’t you think you should cast your vote as well? :slight_smile:

Nice, your model is comming along great, as for the color i prefer the
!!!BLACK!!! one, for sure!
The blue looks good, but its more of a colour for a transformer cartoon or something japanese looking. Personally, i get the feeling that you are going for something tough and rough and all together some bad @ss s#hit. And what is more bad ass than Black and chrome?!?! :wink:
I would bring up your hardness and reflectivity just a hair or 3, just to check it out, but i suspect it will make it look sharper and harder, you want it to be tough right! :wink:
Anywayz, thats just my opinion dude, your doing great work and i know that when its all finished it’s gonna look sweet. Keep it up man!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

I like the blue, but I don’t think it would look great if it looks brand new like a car, but if it’s dull blue with maybe some paint chips and scratches showing some silver, that would look awesome. Like it’s been through some combat, or just got tossed in the trash to be replaced, but then it comes back to kick someones ass for throwing it away.

the blue one is awsome, but so is the black, maybe do a tan sorta thing with blue hihglights

Thanks Nayman. I was actually starting to think morer along the lines of a red, rusty base, with yellowinh highlights and some metal scratches, etc. But that will come later on. More modelling need sot be done.

the black looks lesser on a black background

Agreed. I will maybe fix the background on that image so you can see it better.

Personally, i get the feeling that you are going for something tough and rough and all together some bad @ss s#hit. And what is more bad ass than Black and chrome?!?!

Agreed there too. I might to too of these. One with the black and chrome look, and the other with the rusty red. We’ll see.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Back to modelling!

BgDM

:o :o Absolutely stunning :o :o

I voted blue, but black too is great.

To make a better choiche you should place it on a neutral but clearer background.

Stefano