help with a rigging script

Hello!

I’m a total beginner at coding and I’m having some troubles with my first script :stuck_out_tongue:

I copied the main sructure from a script that toggles layer visibility for some bones from a rigging course I did at IHMAN 3D School. Now I’m trying to tweak it to fit my needs.

Aside from a quicker acess to some Armature functions via Toolshelf, I want to be able to set all the selected bones to Deform=True/False at once with a button. I marked the line I wrote to accomplish this.

The script as is now goes as follows:

import bpy

class dwarfButtons(bpy.types.Panel):

bl_space_type = "VIEW_3D"
        bl_region_type = "TOOLS"
        bl_category = "Rigging"
        bl_label = "Dwarf Rig Layers"

@classmethod
        def poll(self,context):
            if(bpy.context.active_object.type == 'ARMATURE'):
                return(True)

def draw(self,context):
            layout = self.layout
            row = layout.row()

row.label("Edit/Display options:")
            row = layout.row()
            row.prop(context.active_object.data, "use_mirror_x", toggle=True, text="edit: x mirror")
            row = layout.row()
            row.prop(context.active_object.data, "show_names", toggle=True, text="names")
            row = layout.row()
            row.prop(context.active_object.data, "show_bone_custom_shapes", toggle=True, text="shapes")
            row = layout.row()
            row.prop(context.active_object.data, "show_axes", toggle=True, text="axe display")
            row = layout.row()
            row.prop(context.active_object, "show_x_ray", toggle=True, text="xRay")
            row = layout.row()
            row.prop(context.selected_bones, "use_deform", toggle=True, text="Deform OFF") <b>#THIS LINE</b>

def register():
    bpy.utils.register_class(dwarfButtons)

def unregister():
    bpy.utils.unregister_class(dwarfButtons)

if __name__=="__main__":
    register()

I don’t totally know what I’m doing yet. I discovered what functions to call trough the info pannel and quick searches at the Pythin API.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understandnig my problem and/or finding a solution.

I already asked for help with the topic at the Animation/Rigging forum, so sorry if either this or the other thread is in the wrong place!

Hey @revolt_randy, thanks!

I’ve taken a quick look at your code and I think I’ll be able to get it to do what I want so a big thank you! :smiley:

Would you explain it to me a little? So I can better understand everything, learn and code myself. Maybe through PM?

Thank you once more!