Help with a slight problem (*edit* problem fixed)

Okay, I’m doing the Dice tutorial at this site: http://www.blendernation.com/tutorials/blender-3d-beginner-tutorial-a-die/

but I seem to be having one main problem. I’m at the part where I’m supposed to fill in the first face of the die, and I’m being asked to select all of the vertices on the very top of that die face, which also include the vertices of for the half sphere dents. The problem I am having is I can’t figure out how to have it where I can select both vertices from the die AND from the dents. I can only seem to select vertices from one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Sorry if this is too simple to do, I just can’t seem to get it. Also, I’m using version 2.41. Thanks a lot.

Edit
I sometimes find that READING everything helps :expressionless: I didn’t realize that I was supposed to join the two, the die and the dents.

Hey. I’m glad to hear you worked it out. That’s happened to me when learning from tutorials.

Forum tip: It would help, after getting the solution to a problem you posted, to add (solved) to your subject line so that others know not to click on the thread to help. For example, it could read:
Help with a slight problem (solved)

Have fun learning Blender.

Thanks for the comments, and I will change my title, as I didn’t think of that. Thanks again :smiley: