Help with a tutorial

tutorial in question: http://blenderchar.weirdhat.com/latticetute1/

I am new to Blender and most 3d stuff in general - When I follow the above tutorial it talks about Lattices and setting the U, V, and W - I cannot find this in any of the menu items (don;t know if I am even looking in the right spot). I went through the manual 3 or 4 times but could not see exactly where you can access these settings. :frowning:

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

it is in the edit buttons, their pic is only of the panel in the edit buttons

sorry - I must be blind - I have a Link& materials panel and three Mesh panels while I am in edit mode - I looked at the other panels in object mode but still could not find lattice in any of them. Is there a hot key or something?

[/img]

I just glanced at that tutorial in your link but I don’t think it got to the part on adding a lattice. Maybe this will help. To add a latice press space bar add latice from top of menu. Hit F9 then you will have the lattice buttons with u ,v , w or whatever they are. change the numbers to increase complexity of your lattice.
Paradox

In Object Mode select you Lattice and press F9 for editing. In the buttons window you will see a Lattice panel with three buttons labled U,V,W each set at a resolution of 2. Change these the change the resolution of you lattice.

Something else to remember about lattices… if you want to distort something using a lattice, you’ll need to be sure to subdivide the relevant edges several times so that there are plenty of individual vertices to be acted-on by the lattice, throughout the entire object.

Thanks - makes more sense now.