Help with cloth rendering

Hey guys,

I have a object set to cloth. The simulation is supposed to render, but in the render the object is just like it was without the simulation. I’ve tried all kind of things and no matter what I do, it doesn’t work. Yes, I have the render button on the modifier enabled.

have you baked the simulation? http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Physics/Clothes

Yes. I’ve done everything I can get a hold of, read the wiki, read all the things in Bounce, Tumble and Splash. I’ve done cloth many times before and this is the first time I’ve ever had a problem.

ya gotta post it, i mean, if you’ve run thru the checklist correctly, it works. so, the question is, which step have you missed? If you scroll thru the animation, does the mesh move? that tells you if you have a bake. Have you saved the blend, and does Blender have write permissions to the bake folder?

I got the same problem. I have baked the cloth simulation but it renders the object still

Solved! It is the subsurf modifier. You have to have the cloth modifier on top of it