Help with Health Bar (Solved)

Using :ersion 2.49b

I was wondering if anyone could give me some assistance please. I’ve got the health bar set up but now I need to link it to a character so when they get hit by a bullet the bar will drop. I’m assuming this would be done with collision but I’m not sure how to go about it.

I followed a tutorial for just the bar HERE

I also followed a tutorial for a HUD from HERE

Links are merely to show you what I’ve done soo far.

Thanks

The Bar’s Length must depend on a Property “health” of the Player, and whenever he is hit (which can be done with a Collision Sensor (that Sensor could as well look for a Property “bullet” that the Bullets would have)) the Player’s Property “health” shall be lowered. (You can do that with the Property Actuator, or with Python.)

http://www.newthinks.info/avatar3.jpgthank you

Thank you for steering me in the right direction! I now have it figured out. My problem was because the HUD and Health Bar are on a different scene than the character it had no way to link to it. So to solve this I created a Collision that reported the msg Health -HP on the character. Then in the Hud I created a msg so the bar would look for that to be sent, when it found it being sent it would then go to the action to drop the HP by -10 or whatever I specified.

So in short here’s what I have set up and working…

“Main” Scene
Character:
sensor controller actuator
COLLISION Prop:Bullet------AND-------MESSAGE Subject:Health -HP

“HUD” Scene
Health Bar:
sensor controller actuator
MESSAGE Subject:Health -HP-------AND-------PROPERTY Add Prop:Health Bar Value:-10

Thanks again C.A.ligári! That’s twice you’ve come to my rescue after a full day of confusion…lol.