Help with mesh...

Here is what I’m trying to do…

I’m trying to get the object in the picture attached to become a solid object with faces on all 4 sides. I can extrude it but it becomes hollow in the middle. How do I add surfaces to it?

Attachments

As you have the faces selected now, hit the Fkey to fill them. Extrude the region (not edges only) then and it should continue as filled in.

Is that the curve you wanted to convert into mesh a while ago ? If so you should have closed the curve to make a surface before you converted to mesh …
But try Shift-F or Alt-F after selecting all vertices in Edit Mode . And then extrude by region .

Actually this is a different curve that I was finally able to import from an AI file after patching Python… Cool! I got it to work now though, thank you all!

One more question… how does one do an operation the opposite of subdivide? as in ‘lessening’ verticies?

There is the Decimate Modifier in the Modifier Panel and a script in Edit Mode called the Poly Reducer . The latter is under Mesh in the 3D window header . I’m not familiar with the script but the Decimate Modifier is pretty easy to use just start lowering the Ratio : value to something smaller then 1.00 . But I think I have heard some where that the script is more flexible …