Help with process? (cloth)

edit:nevermind,found a decent tutorial.

I suppose screw anyone else who may have had the same problem !!
Not even a link to the ‘decent tutorial’ !!

no,all I was looking for was a basic tutorial on how to do use the cloth sim,it turned out it was so simple that I felt like an idiot.

for those who missed my original post,I was just asking for how to create a swirl like cloth pattern with the cloth sim.

Richard,I ended up watching the beginning of blender guru’s santa hat tutorial to learn the cloth simulator.

To create a “swirl” pattern I had to figure that part out myself.

basically I created a poly plane for the collision object,another plane for the cloth object,I subdivide the cloth object in edit mode by hitting W key>subdivide.

Then I add a subsurf modifier to that cloth object back in object mode.I then create a cube and make it a collision object.

I raise the cloth plane above the cube,and I hit alt+ a to play the sim,as the cloth drops,I click on the cube and hit G to grab it,because this cube is a collision object I used it to move cloth as it falls.So basically I move the cube in a circular motion inside the cloth as its falling,and then move the cube out of the way so that cloth lands on the other collision plane.haha it took about 6 or 7 attempts but it landed in a nice position…

http://www.nubiangreene.com/images/swirl.jpg