Help with subdivisions

Ok, I am by no means even close to being a pro at using Blender. In fact, I’m quite new and have a rather slow workflow. But, I learn things quick and easy but, this time I’m in a bit of a problematic situation. I am trying to make a low poly spaceship type thing, and to start I subdivided the starting cube and set the view level to 1, but accidentally left the render level at 2. I am very happy with how it looks in the viewport but, I really don’t like the second level of subdivisions in the rendered version. Is there a way to undo this mistake, or am I going to have to deal with it?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!!!

P.S.- I’m new to the whole “Forum posting” thing, so please, forgive me for any in-formalities or incorrect formatting ect…

Here are 2 Images of my problem. I have already applied the subdivision modifier and this is what I am left with. The first image is of my mesh and the second is the rendered version of it. As you can see, there are added edges that I do not want as a part of my final render.

If there isn’t a way to fix this issue, then I guess I can live with it. It may not be what I originally wanted but, it isn’t an unbearable difference.

but accidentally left the render level at 2. I am very happy with how it looks in the viewport but, I really don’t like the second level of subdivisions in the rendered version. Is there a way to undo this mistake, or am I going to have to deal with it?
Why can you not just change the render subdivision level from 2 to 1 or is there more to it ?

I have already applied the modifier, and as far as I know, it cannot be undone. So the mesh looks the way I want it to while editing in solid view mode but, if I change it to rendered mode (view?) it has subdivided faces.

The first pic is my mesh, and the second one is the rendered version. As you can see, it has extra unwanted edges.

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?322623-How-to-ask-questions-effectively-on-blenderartists-org-support-forum

• Screenshots help to describe things
  • Show the whole interface as it gives out additional information, in this case should also include subdivision surface settings. You can take a screenshot in Blender with ctrl+F3 (window -> save screenshot)
  • Modeling questions usually needs showing the model structure (wireframe) without seeing overlapping edges. Edit mode, edge selection mode is one way
  • Always try to include an example .blend unless there is a good reason not to. If nothing else, it helps others to take screenshots and describe things back to you