help with texturing

hey everyone,
i have a chair that i modelled in blender (http://www.geocities.com/pikzar/chair-render0001.jpg)
2 questions:
-Why is there a white line around it? that’s not part of the material, and it isnt edge settings like for toon render.
-How can i give the chair legs a wood material, while keeping the red leather material on the rest of the chair?
Thanks

If you’re sure it’s not toon edges, change the color of the ‘Mirror’ element of the material maybe.

%<

for the legs, it is easiest to make them separate objects. IN he editing mode, select the leg verticies, hit “P” then “selected” and they will become a new separate object that you can texture how you like. And that line sure does look like toon shading.

It is possible that this ‘white line’ is some “element” of the image you use for texture and that you haven’t mapped the texture correctly on your object…

How is the texture mapped??? Flat, cubic, cylindrical or spherical???

Or even better you could keep it as one single object as it is and just assign a different material on them… You can have multiple materials assigned on the same object and thus many different textures applied, you know…

I won’t go into details on how this can be done, do a search in the forum and you’ll find it easily… The subject of ‘how to assign different materials on the same object’ has been exaustively discussed here, from time to time…

Good luck…

Why is there a white line around it? that’s not part of the material, and it isnt edge settings like for toon render.

Make sure unified renderer isn’t pressed maybe

I can’t find the ASSIGN Material button, does anyone know what exactly it looks like?

Click the ‘shading’ button in buttons window, under Material tab click ‘add new’

the assign material button…plz try READING the question

In edit buttons (F9) under Link and Materials below the 1 Mat 1. That whole block handles object materials.

%<

thanks Fligh % it worked after some tinkering

the assign material button…plz try READING the question[/quote]

my mistake. no need to get snappy

thanks you guys:
-the white line was there because there was a white line around the image im using as a texture. (yes, i am stupid).
-i tried separating the legs, and it works
thanks