Help with Video Texture

Hello,
I am creating a talking bike at the moment and the face I have made is a separate video which I would like to put on the bike as a texture.
I have done this before, but for some reason it isn’t working anymore
Here’s what the texture preview looks like:

And here’s what the final render looks like with the bike:

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
Thanks!

but for some reason it isn’t working anymore
It what way is it not working ?

Select the movie and ensure that you have set the number of frames

As you can see from the preview, the settings are the same.
As you can also see, the face preview seems out of proportion.
Is there a way to fix this?

As with all textures (whether a still, image sequence or movie) it depends on how you have mapped the texture. Check your UVs (I assume that’s how you have added the texture). What they look like I’ve no idea since you haven’t supplied a blend file or indicated what you want it to actually look like.

This is what I would like it to look like;

To get that render, I had to use a still image for the face. When a put in a movie (with the same mapping settings as the still image), the movie texture misplaces itself as seen above.
I apologize as I am new to Blender (and even newer to these forums) so I’m not quite sure of what information to provide. I am using Blender 2.69 on Blender Render.
I watched a YouTube video on UV Mapping and this is what it looks like:

From what the video showed and from what the UV Editor shows, it should show up fine but it doesn’t.
I hope this information can help you identify the problem a bit more…

You are not showing the topology of the bike plate. That is where the stretching is occurring. If your video is 16:9 then you need to UV map to 16:9 faces. The simplest solution is to just use Import Images As Planes to get your movie working on a plane with the correct size. Then just parent that plane to the bike (really close to the plate). Otherwise you may have to remodel the plate by extending the plane brought in by Import Images As Planes to fit the bicycle handlebar area.

Or you could try object mapping and use an empty to position/scale the texture.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions! :slight_smile:
I find the root of the problem had to be an error in the video…I removed the error and now it works fine.

Thanks again!