help with zooming in and out..sort of

Hi any help would be good.
I loaded an image into the background with the view set on front. I can zoom in and out again fine…My promblem is that, I can only zoom in to the centre and out again…I want to work on the far left side of the image while I remain in front view…
I post a pic of what I mean…

The red arrow show where it keeps zooming into. where the green and blue lines meet…
The green arrows show some of the different areas that I would like to see when I zoom in while still in front veiw…
I guessing it something really simple…I seached and read heap of different things…but found nothing…
:o

I think you can accomplish that by panning. You can use shift-middle mouse button for that or if you use “emulate 3 button mouse” option, ctrl-alt-lmb. After panning, just zoom. Viewport zooms automatically towards its center.

Take a look at http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/QuickStart for basic UI tips.

Ummm no good,
As that moves the object and the image doesn’t move with object, and I’m useing a image as a template to build the said object.

You don’t have to move an object to pan a view.

SH-MMB pans the view (and the background image). If you just want to move the image, change the X Offset in the BackGround Image Dialog.

Mike

Thank you both…
as I use a laptop it was the shift alt lmb that did the trick…Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu…That make my building easyer…