Help?

Ok…

I have no idea quite were to post this…but I need some serious input and advice…

I have been approached and offered a serious contract to create a image for a business… they want a 12’ tall digital mural for a display… I have one month to create it… with no renderfarm time. I have to scratch build all needed models as per contract…

I have only 1 month to do it…

How freaking big would a render image have to be to seriously look half way decent at 12’ in size?

I would VERY much like to take this contract… BUT I don’t want to bit off something that is insane and not possible to do with just the material and equipment I have…

What ya think true- believers?

Help me out…

Cujo

It depends on the viewing distance. Its unlikely that they will want to view the image totally upclose with their noses pressed against the wall.

If you look at posters and billboards upclose, you will see that they actually have quite a coarse resolution.

The best thing to do is probably find out how you will get this image printed. Find out how many DPI the copy shop requires for a image as large as that and then calculate your resolution from there.

Keep in mind that usually for really large posters and billboards the DPI tends to be quite low. Average is about 300-150 dpi, sometimes even down to 96 or 75 dpi. It all depends on the viewing distance.

If you think you can actually create it then I would go for it. Rendering even a complex image shouldnt take more then half a day so aim to have test renders running during the night for the last week or so. That way you can look at and improve the parts that arent satisfactory.