help

I just got blender and the whole thing is alien. Plus I am using a one button mouse to make things harder for myself. Can anyone help?
:mad:

Check out THIS
And THIS

Those are both useful wikis and should help.

If by “help” you mean send you money for a new mouse, no.

If you also mean provide you with links to documentation, then also no, they’re easy enough to find by yourself.

I can, though, help by pointing out that you’ve posted in the wrong section of these forums.

Should be here: Basics & Interface

Good luck!

Mystery

purchase a new mouse: http://www.3dconnexion.com/3dmouse/spacenavigator.php#

Plus I am using a one button mouse to make things harder for myself. Can anyone help?

If you really want to make things hard for yourself, I suggest wearing mittens and a blindfold as well.
But seriously, if you’re looking for tutorials, try looking under the tutoirals link at www.blendernation.com. There’s lots of stuff there. There are also several books available, the first one in my sig is geared towards animation, and Essential Blender is also a good introduction.

Just one button on a mouse? Is that a Trash80 you are working with? I’m a noob, and I’m telling you that there are several tutorials out there that cover the basics quite well. Also you can set up your interface easialy enough if you use the button.

Macs also have one button mice. Don’t be too hard on the poor guy.

september, use Apple+click, Apple+Shift+click, Alt+Click, and Ctrl+click if you’re using a Mac. These will give you the missing button functions.

If you’re using a PC, sheesh, get a three button mouse. Why make things hard on yourself?