Help!!

Sorry, couldnt think of good title…

Hi, I’m new here and I’m also new to Blender or other 3d aplications.
I want to learn how to create good quality models(If it’s posible…) of fictional characters(From marvel, Top Cow, etc…) and maybe add animations later.
I’ll will be using Modeling Sheets(Like the ones from MUA2) allot, since I dont have a good imagination.

So I have a couple of questions about this.

1. Can everyone create 3d models or do you need a skill, even if you use modeling sheets??
  2. Where do I start, are there any good video tutorials on “how to create character using Modeling Sheets”??

Ok, this will do for now.
I’ll also mention that this isn’t for work or anything, I’m simly inspired by some 3d characters and want to try to “Bring them to life”.

Thank you for any response!!
(And sorry for the grammer mistakes, english isn’t my number1 language…)

Hi! I’ll go ahead and answer your questions:

1.) Anyone can model, you just need to develop your skills, like you would if you bought a new video game. You suck at it at first, but after you practice for awhile and some watch tutorials, it becomes really fun and easy. I recommend having some basic algebra skills for the axis calculations.

2.)I recommend getting “Character animation with blender” by Tony Mullen. It shows you how to model a complete model from a picture, and texture it, and rig it, and animate it. Here’s the link if you want to check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Character-Animation-Blender-Mullen/dp/0470102608/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252136142&sr=1-4

I hope this helps. If you need some tutorials, I have made over 50 blender tutorials myself. Here’s my youtube channel: youtube.com/cganim8or

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

I recommend Ward7299’s tutorial(s) on youtube, it doesn’t show how to model from a sheet, but it is a very very detailed tutorial.

There are 28 parts to this tutorial each consisting of about a half an hour. And it really helped a lot when I was modeling my first character.