Heroes of Bronze "Journeys"

Hey guys, for a while now I’ve been working on this personal project set in Ancient Greece and I wanted to present how it progressed in terms of visual quality with this teaser.

Here is a short breakdown:

Read more about the story at: heroesofbronze.com/journeys

About the Project:
Heroes of Bronze is an upcoming “proof-of-concept” CG short film set in Ancient Greece. It shows the magnificence, beauty and horror of the time between the two famous battles of ancient history – Marathon (490 BC) and Platea (479 BC).
It intends to serve as an intro to a bigger story project.

Story Background:
In 499 BC the Ionian Greeks of Asia Minor rebelled against the growing might of the Persian Empire. In an act of defiance their united armies, supported by troops from Athens and Eretria, marched on Sardis, the powerful center of Persian power in Asia Minor. They burnt it to the ground along with its temples.

The wrath of Darius the Great, the king of Persia, was swift and merciless. In 497 BC he sent three expeditions against the Ionians, intent on crushing the rebels and restoring order. However, pacifying the Ionian Greeks wasn’t enough for the ‘King of kings’. He turned his gaze to the West, across the Aegean Sea, where he found the proud city of Athens…

… learn more at: heroesofbronze.com/journeys

The 3D scenes were created using Blender, character meshes in Character Creator and animated in iClone, models textured in Substance Painter and clothing made in Marvelous Designer.

74 Likes

Amazing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wonderfull…!

1 Like

This is excellent there are some really “epic” images, I really love the wide angle shots like the desert and the troops with the sunset, there is a great sense of space. I look forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

really very nice

1 Like

thank you! :slight_smile:

cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

glad you like it :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks so much Bart! :slight_smile:

It’s really beautiful!

1 Like

glad you like it!

Wow! You should be working for Naughty Dog.
Great Job!

1 Like

This is an important documentary film that richly deserves to happen.

I consider it to properly be neither “proof of concept,” nor "short.*

In your website, you have absolutely demonstrated both your technical mastery of the technology, and your grasp of presentation. It is therefore abundantly clear that you know how to realize “what you’ve got,” and that you know “what you’ve got.” You know where you’re going, and it’s a place worth going to. What you need right now are equally-skilled employees, and money.

“Okay, that’s really not so difficult …”

Consider reaching out – in addition to patrons – to venture capitalists who would latch on to your excellent vision along with you, and then use their financial power to do what such very-fortunate people love to do with such power. Yours is a well-deserving project. It deserves to go very far. It deserves to have full-time employees, including you. There are people out there who can sign a piece of paper and make such things happen – and be very pleased to do so.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

That is certainly the plan :slight_smile: I am in the process of making more time for the project, pushing it from free-time activity to semi-fulltime :slight_smile:

Glad you like it!

Hey everybody, I put together a short breakdown for the teaser:

6 Likes

This is epic!!! Great work!

Thank you! :pray:

Excellent. Its looks promising. Can you please share more work in progress/insights please :slight_smile:
Best wishes.

1 Like