Hey all

I just wanted to post this mostly to introduce myself to the forums. I decided less than a week ago to finally learn Blender as I don’t know any 3d app and I am an illustration and entertainment design student who needs to flesh out his skillset. I am an open source fanatic also so Blender was the obvious choice, plus I’ve been buying the open movie projects since Big Buck Bunny. Anyways, I know this isn’t terribly impressive but I thought it was pretty nice considering I read nothing but the interface section of the manual and essential Blender, then 10 minutes of vids on Blender Cookie. I’m using Blender 2.5 Alpha 2 and I have to say that initially trying out 2.49 then moving onto trying out 2.5, the difference is amazing. I didnt mind the 2.49 interface and I resolved to take it for what it is, but as a beginner, 2.5 is simply outstanding. It looks beautiful and everything makes sense, the old panels and context stuff looked almost like an instrument panel for a plane and I didn’t want to touch it for fear of messing something up, but with 2.5 I feel so much freer to play around and everything feels so accessible. The developers have done an outstanding job. Anyways, here’s my little cube. Soon I will be able to post much more impressive work thanks to the great documentation on this site, Blender.org, Blender Guru and Blender Cookie.

Attachments

Nice render dude!!

Yeah, simple scene but great colors!

I guess two terms of color theory can be helpful. I was just trying to simulate a little uv light with the blue tint, and set it off with a dim orange area light for emphasis.