Hey guys, you got to check this out.

The Houdini 101 course at http://www.3dBuzz.com
Blender may be free but if any of you want to learn a top of the line graphics app that is used in movies and by high end production houses, check it out.
It has an undo.

You are paied by them, aren’t you?
More, you are on the wrong forum.

Env

ROFL!!! BTW, nice site :stuck_out_tongue:

Harlequin, you’ve been here almost a year and only have 16 posts?

A brand new Blender release and no undo? ROFLMAO

make it 17

ROTFLMAOTID

People, give up on Blender. Get yourselves a hacked version of XSI or MAX or something. If you are waiting for someone to do anything spectacular with Blender like raytracing (let alone a simple undo) you are wasting your time. God, I can’t believe it. It is like a pinto or pacer driver clinging to thier car when a ferari is offered for free. You people are absolutely hopeless. Blender has very little features, all of the rest have thousands of features. Blender is open source but no body has done anything with it.not even an undo feature So many other 3d apps have an undo feature and so many others that it would make you pee your pants just hearing about them. But you refuse to change?
God, you are doomed!

18, and still counting (slowly)
Hacked, Cracked, Blended, it’s all the same :o

Undo is for lazy Little Girls who forget to save. And Hacked? what happens when you need customer support, or want to publish your work. They’ll track you down and BAM LAWSUIT

The number of posts has nothing to do with knowlege. I have been a Blender user since 1.5 and the first manual. I used to be on the old Blender forums before they went belly-up and I had a problem with it then. I used to want raytracing ( Arrogant Blender users called it GAYTRACING, sad jellouse bastards) I would at least like to see the all knowing people at NAN add an undo feature to Blender.
…Hacked, Cracked, Blended, it’s all the same…
If you people had any balls at all, you would realize that Blender is not all that hot.
I used to think that it was really great because it was free and it fit on a floppy disk. Well it no longer fits on a floppy.
Blender is open source and anyone can improve on it. WHY HAVEN"T ANY OF OF YOU PROGRAMMING GODS ADDED AN UNDO TO THIS FANTASTIC PROGRAM.
Name me 5 programs that are worth a shit that DON’T have an undo feature.

A: What happened to you? You seem really spiteful…
B: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
C: Just cause you can’t do it…
D: Yafray has raytracing 8)
E: 20

still waiting on the programs that don’t have an undo feature.

Hello Harlequin!

Have you managed to learn any decent 3D during the past years, or are you still just blaming software for your lack of talent?

I owe all of what I KNOW about 3d to Blender. I just think that the people that use Blender need to drop the arrogance and get fucking real.
here is my latest work.
http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attachment.php?s=&postid=183213
I dare you to create the same thing…Then change just the littlest thing without starting the whole thing over.

Well, damn, you are good. Just think what you could do with a program that is worth a shit.

I owe all of what I KNOW about 3d to Blender. I just think that the people that use Blender need to drop the arrogance and get ****ing real.
here is my latest work.
http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attachment.php?s=&postid=183213
I dare you to create the same thing…Then change just the littlest thing without starting the whole thing over.

OH! Aah… now I understand, you are just kidding. I don’t think you worths one more answer.

Env

No I am totally serious. I do owe my present to my Blender past.

I already have those programs. It’s Blender, Wings, YafRay, 3Delight, LithUnwrap and POV-Ray. They are all free, efficient and basically let me do what I need them to do. Aside from those I have tried the following:

1. 3DSMAX - went fairly well until it, because of a far too unoptimized internal structure, made my computer sluggish after I had added about a tenth of the amount of polys I needed. Scrapped it.

2. LightWave - Too messy. 25% of my worktime was spent opening menus and toolpanels, switching between modeler and scene interfaces etcetera. Adding and building materials/shaders was about 4 times slower for me, because of all the clicking, than in Blender, and when I was done and finally rendered some stuff, it didn’t look one bit better than it would have in a standard Blender render

3. Maya - Too much. Don’t want to spend another three years just to make things that I can already do in a couple of hours using Wings.

4. SoftImage XSI - Too much. Read about Maya above.

5. Cinema 4D - Still waiting to try that, but I suspect it will have experiences similar to those above.

I refrain from mentioning all the others like TrueSpace, Hash Animation Master and so on, because they are not even worth mentioning.

As long as you’ve got a decent application (there are many of those, Blender is one of them) it doesn’t matter what you use. It’s FAR more important to learn how to make the most of whatever it is you are using, rather than constantly “hunting” for that magical app that will make your work excellent. There is no such application. I know - I’ve been on the hunt myself from time to time, but I always reach the same conclusion in the end. It does not matter what I use. If there is problems with the quality of my work, I have only myself to blame. I can not blame my software.